• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing calipers

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
I need to replace my front calipers, I had one seize up on me. I was at the parts store today and they had 2 new (not remans.) Bendix calipers. Same part number with different suffixes. L55640M and L55640PSUV. Does anyone know the diffence between the M and PSUV calipers? Thanks.

--Matt

You can rebuild a caliper real easy for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I had my left one sieze up on me once. The kit for it was like 10 bucks.

I got mine at NAPA.
They cost about $160, but I took back a pair of junk ones, not even the same type, and the final cost was $30 per side.
HTH

I'm still looking for someone who has experience with the Bendix, or other heavy duty calipers. One caliper can be rebuilt, the other can't, so I'm going the all new route. I can get new Raybestos, TRW, Bendix, and Cardone calipers at a good price. As I said, some of these manufactures list 2 different part numbers. Some say "Severe/Heavy Duty" and some don't. And the prices aren't always different. Any info on the differences would be great.

--Matt

Back