• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 Swap question

For those of you who have swapped a 97+ 8.25 axle for their D35, what did you do about the change in the vent tube design? The vent tube on the 8.25 comes through the bolt holding the brake line block to the axle. For now i just left the original block there for the vent tube, and my block is sitting on top of it with the lines holding it in place. anyone come up with a solution to this? thanks.

You pulled the 35 and put in a 8.25, correct?You could replace your rubber brake hose for one that is correct for the 8.25 axle.The bolt diam may be the same,just switch the vent hose.
If you plan to lift it get a hose for a YJ,I used a 95YJ hose on my 8.25 .
Wayne

Was wondering the purpose of this swap. Is the 8.25 better than the Dana35? Should I look for a Jeep with an 8.25 instead of the Dana35? I have heard if the Jeep has antilock brakes it will have a Dana35. Is this true and if so what is the purpose of this?

Back