• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS problems....

TurboFOX

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 XJ and the ABS light is on, The brakes work fine, but the pump under the hood pulsates ALL the time, wether im stopped or moving. Key on, pump on and pulsateing.

Any Ideas?

If it is somthing with the ABS 702 recall can i take it to the dealer, even though i just purchased the vehicle about 4 monthes ago?

Nate

Sounds like the typical problem of the Bendix-9 and 10 systems: pressure leakage in the main cylinder causing the pump/motor to run continously which will eventually blow. It was indeed subject to recall 702.

Both MC and pump/motor assembly have a lifetime warranty and, if defect, should be replaced by any official dealer at no costs. I purchased my vehicle 6 months ago from a private person and the dealer here in the Netherlands took care of it at no costs (though it took some convincing power from me).

If you search this forum on 'bendix' you will learn all about this peculiar system (including my own postings)

Take care of this problem a.s.a.p.: if the pump gives up, you will have no power assist when braking and I can tell you that it is a cumbersome experience if you have to stop a 1580 kg vehicle by mere muscle power!

Back