• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 locker choices

2XS

NAXJA Forum User
I have a chrysler 8.25 rear axle in my jeep, 29 spline, I searched and have found both a arb air locker, and a detroit. are there any others available? also what ones would be most reccomended?

There is also the Powertrax No-Slip, the least expensive of the group because it only replaces the spider gears.

PT 92-0382-2925 8.25" chy (fits t/l case) 29 spline no-slip.

it usually retails around $400-$409.
thats the only lunchbox locker to get. the next step is a full locker which you either have detroit for automatics.

xjohnnyc said:
Check www.rocky-road.com/noslip.html

They have the 29-spline Tracloc model for $375...

Got mine from Glenn et al at Rocky Road. Fairly transparent, 'cept in snow - then it's a matter of learning how to drive with a locker. Having the auto tranny makes the experience less traumatic.

.....I kept my Tracloc, just in case, but don't think I'll ever go back to a limited slip.

is the tracloc an actual locker? I thought that was the name of my limited slip.

also can u make my limited slip more aggresive?

trac-loc is just jeeps name. its only a limited slip.

make your LSD more agressive? sure, throw it in the trash and replace it with a locker... if you wnat to stick with a limited slip then go either truetrac or eaton. eaton is adjustable by chainging the springs.

2XS said:
is the tracloc an actual locker? I thought that was the name of my limited slip.

2XS said:

Trac-Lok is a limited slip. You can make it more aggressive by adding shims internally. I have no idea what that does to longevity. However, the Trac-Lok is rebuildable.

Auburn also has a limited slip for the 8.25 axle. It's still a clutch type unit, but heavier duty and more aggressive than the Trac-Lok. The Auburn is not rebuildable, but I think they have an exchange program if you wear it out.

is there somewhere that I can find more info on where to put these shims to make it more aggresive?

I finally got the no-slip in from powertrax. It is fantastic. I went on a recent off-road trip, and ran in 2 wheel drive most of the time. I would have been in 4x4 most of the time, even with my front lock-rite. On the road i only notice it under hard accelleration turning in a parking lot. Other than that it is transparent. Not at all like the lock right up front that lets you know its there when the hubs are locked in.

Back