• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got new valve cvr gskt in, kinda pain, where 2 get oil fltr adapter gskt?

Heinz

NAXJA Forum User
Just got new valve cover gskt on, no leaks now:) was messin up driveway :(, did LOF on both 92's too. Is gskt for oil filter adapter avail. at Kragen or dlr. only? I noticed what looks like seepage there. Boy vlv. cvr. gskt tight fit! Thanks

Heinz said:
Just got new valve cover gskt on, no leaks now:) was messin up driveway :(, did LOF on both 92's too. Is gskt for oil filter adapter avail. at Kragen or dlr. only? I noticed what looks like seepage there. Boy vlv. cvr. gskt tight fit! Thanks

Just rebuilt my 4.0 and the o-rings for the oil filter adaptor were in the Fel-Pro gasket set. Not sure if they're available seperately though. BTW - there are three o-rings needed to reseal the adaptor.

It's pretty easy. I don't remember having to take off the charcoal canister. Just remember to take the ratchet off the nut before you back the nut into the frame. Adds some unnecessary time to the job. :)

Fred

METRI006.jpg

O-ring kit (4720363)
for dealer

from madXJ

Back