• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd to 2wd problem

mark91xjbeef

NAXJA Forum User
we just finished the A.A. HD sye. the only problem is that when i shift from 4wd to 2wd the shift rail does not recess back into the case. we cut it to 1 inch and it moves toward the rear end when shifted into 4wd. but when putting in 2wd it does not pull back in the case. i can manually push it back in. any suggestions appreciated.

mark91xjbeef said:
we just finished the A.A. HD sye. the only problem is that when i shift from 4wd to 2wd the shift rail does not recess back into the case. we cut it to 1 inch and it moves toward the rear end when shifted into 4wd. but when putting in 2wd it does not pull back in the case. i can manually push it back in. any suggestions appreciated.
Check the linkage, if you can shift it from the lever at the tcase then your shift lever inside the cab may be out of adjustment.

That's how I fixed mine, I think my linkage is worn out. I had a 1" drop and then after the AA SYE install. I removed it, I could shift into 2h, 4h and 4low but 4low did not engage all the way.

Back