• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 nose panel on 87

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I got a late model header panel yesterday, wondering if the headlight buckets/adjusters swap over, and if the marker & signal light bulb sockets are the same.

Also might be accepting donations of unwanted late-model front bumper/airdam stuff ;)

i have the bumper, air dam, and other 97+ stuff. it is yours if you want it.

woody said:
I got a late model header panel yesterday, wondering if the headlight buckets/adjusters swap over, and if the marker & signal light bulb sockets are the same.

Also might be accepting donations of unwanted late-model front bumper/airdam stuff ;)

fenders are different too

woody said:
The headlight buckets for a 93 are the same but I'm not sure about your's. The marker lights and signals are the same except the 97+ front signal lenses have (2) bulbs instead of (1). You need to splice in another set of bulb sockets in order for it to work and look correct. Also, the newer style sockets are shorter to fit into the 97+ header panel. Because the header panel doesn't have enough room for the later style light sockets it would be best to get a wiring harness from a 97+, or you can just cut out the part that interferes with the socket. (Best to do it off the Jeep) Hope this helps.

You need the new parking light sockets (4) and wiring

A new harness is $135 and doesn't attach to the 10 ? wire plug under the left headlight so isn't worth it. You will also need a HD directional flasher because you now have 6 bulbs (3 each side) and the stock one will blink too rapidly.

rsalemi said:
A new harness is $135 and doesn't attach to the 10 ? wire plug under the left headlight so isn't worth it. You will also need a HD directional flasher because you now have 6 bulbs (3 each side) and the stock one will blink too rapidly.
Thank You for clearing that up :) ...I neglected to suggest trying to find a harness from a 97+ at the wreckers, cut off the socket set and splice into his.

no real need to replace the fenders.. a member in RI used his originalfenders and just built up the leading edge with bondo to match the round shape of the newer header... i rember he also said that one of the headers had 2 more bolts on each side to attatch to the fenders or something like that.. cant rember if he said he drilled them or left them undrilled... i think this swap would look sweet on an MJ.....
mike

not to hijack the thread but hands up.
woody how is the steering box going?

Back