• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Master Cylinder leaks

did you bench bleed the master cylinder? also what brand are they? a1 cardone is the leading manufacturer and they rarely have defects on master cylinders. autozone, carquest, all pro, auto value, bumper to bumper all carry a1 cardone. they just put a house brand sticker on it.

My remanufactured one from Advanced Auto Parts last one and half years. It is my belief (sp) that they wear out quicker for some reason.

Check the o rings on the lines attaching to the MC, they need replacing or they aren't seated properly....didnt I just type this??!!

lol

But, ya, I got an auto zone special that lasted about a year...go NAPA or take the hit and get a MOPAR....those shoddy remmaned ones that Auto Zone gets are horrible

86 MC does not have o-rings on the lines. The early XJ MC used standard brake line fittings. Does this mean I just called SPOBI?

Ghost said:
86 MC does not have o-rings on the lines. The early XJ MC used standard brake line fittings. Does this mean I just called SPOBI?

My 87 had an O ring in one of the lines...that's about all I know..I should know I did it myself...2x's.

Back