• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drive shaft compatibility !!!!!Need a quick response!!!!!!

brandonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91' cherokee laredo, I looking for a new front drive shaft. Right now someone is selling one on ebay from an 89 limited. I need to know if it will work with mine. The part number on his is 8953005040 and mine is 8953005042, so basically they are the same except for the last number. My cherokee is for the most part stock, or at least stock enough that I wouldn't need any kind of custom drive shafts. The auction ends in two hours so any help would be appreciated. Thanks for any help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ategory=33738&item=2452768811#ShippingPayment

To my knowledge there are three or four different front DS for the XJ around these years. The 4 popper, the 4.0L Manual and auto. They are all different lengths. The Auto 4.0 being the longest, the manual 4.0 being a little shorter, the auto 4 popper, and the manual 4 popper being the shortest. You did not say weither yours is auto or manual. And the auction does not say either. Unless I missed it.

Back