• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tj D44

Gecko

NAXJA Forum User
The TJ has had a D44 rear axle option for a while now, eh? Is there a real difference between the TJ D44 and the elusive '87 XJ D44? I've been thinking on an axle swap and I know the ford 8.8 has its strong points and isnt too hard to do, but how hard would it be to fit a TJ axle to an XJ (other than switching the spring perches)?
Well sorry if its a stupid question, :doh: me if you feel like it.

its pretty similar, but the cost will be very diffrent. There are lots of TJ guys with money for a bolt in 44, I think they often go for 1k or more. Where a bolt in xj 44 can be had for half that. A search will give you loads of info on the 44 vs the superior 8.8 axle. Sorry couldn't resist the dig for the dana zombies.

Yea, I know 8.8 vs D44, it jsut seemed that it would be easier to find a wrecked TJ D44 in a boneyard than an XJ one. I suppose it isnt cost effective though, must be why it isnt done more often. Thanks man.

Back