• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake line specs for SS replacement?

Johann

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I plan to swap in some braided ss lines on the next brake job. Buying them locally from a speed shop. Good prices but only problem- they don't know the specs for Cherokee lines. I searched for it and only got teased with YJ line recommendations.

Can anyone tell me what size banjo bolt and hard line thread/dia I need to make this work.

Also there is a choice of 3 or 4 (mm I guess) dia hose. Anyone with more of a background in hydraulics have an opinion on which to go with?

Thanks

Back to the top for answers.

Dont make me pull my brakelines and then drive the XJ to the store to get this done :wierd:

Most shops should also carry the OEM type rubber lines... why not just have them pull some OEM ones off the shelf, and compare the ends to the SS ones they have....

That's a great suggestion, I'll have to see if this place has OEM/premade stuff - They are a performance place so I'm not sure if they do.

Still hope to get the specs- for future searchers if nothing else. Where is Beezil? I'm pretty sure he has done this with his rig.

Is this mic on?

No one here knows? That is sad :laugh3:

Fortunately WillisXJ came through on PBB with some details that can help anyone with this issue in the future

"You need a 3/16 x 24 IF (IF=inverted flare) female line adapter with a male AN-3 (the 3 and 4 is the line size AN stands for Army/Navy, the number is the size, the bigger the number, the bigger the line). You will also need a 3/8 (10mm) AN-3 banjo adapter, and whatever length braided AN-3 line you need."

Off to get them now.

Johann

Back