• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water

Bill

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to learn so I'm just gonna keep asking questions because i consider you guys fairly knowledgable so...right now my XJ is stock so whats the deepest water I should attempt to go through before i start experiencing some major problems lol?

it's not that simple.... without modifications it is not going to be too much :D
look at the lowest electrical point (starter) and think about keeping it submerged....

OTOH if you're looking into modifying your rig for water run a search as it's been covered before: you need a snorkel, rerun your tcase, tranny diff vents, use dielectric grease where appropraite and so on.... :D

also might wanna silicone those drain wholes in the distributor and botton of the air box.... ad remember it wiill get ibnside if you go deep enough

I was idling through a water obstacle when the tacoma behind me reported water touching my lic.plate on the rear hatch...didnt have anything water proofed then...purred like a kitten...knew I was deep as water was coming up through my floor drains and door seals. Could hear the fans spinning/churning water. Didnt stay long. Had to change the water in my axles after that.......:)

All the electrical protection in the world isn't going to help you if you get stuck in a pond. Make sure you have good tread on your tires and keep moving though the mud/h20.

Back