• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nuther wheel thread

taco502

NAXJA Forum User
32x11.5's on a stock 15x7 rim, will I rub a lot? I will be running TJ flares as well, should I get some wheel spacers? I want the flares and tires to be somewhat flush. thanks.

Weellllllllll.......that all depends on the vehicle itself. How much lift are you running? What other mods do you have? We need a little more info to go on..... :)

But to answer your question:
If it's at stock height,yes:D

Edit: I saw on your sig a 1" lift. I don't think that's gonna cut it for 32's if you 'wheel it. But,I could be wrong. I would recommend at LEAST 2.5"-3" and some gracious fender cutting to clear those. BTW,the TJ flares are gonna look way out of place with a rim that far offset. Just my $.02:)

A tire that size with stock off-set will rub the lower control arms on moderate to sharp turns, and you will also need to trim the fenders. Regaurdless you will probably run in to some serious tire/body contact when trying to use the set up you described under any off-road situations. Under full flex with a 4.5 factory off-set a 32" tire will also severly rub the rear wheel tub.

Heres my rig w/ RE4.5 kit(5") and 32x10.5's(265/75/16) on factory 5"BS wheels.No rubbing in the rear,the front rubbed a little on the spring towers,LCA's,top of the wheel well but just paint.
32s.jpg

Now with 33x10.5's on 4.5"BS with 6"+ lift,trimming,and lots of bump stop.
stuffed.jpg

Last edited:
Just for the record.......all factory Jeep 15x7 wheels are 5.25 BackSpacing......and that's no BS......er, yah.

I run 32's on 15x7 Jeep Sport wheels with 6" of lift. I also run 1.25" billet wheel adapters to kick the BS out to a total of 4"(5.25-1.25=4) and I really like the way they stuff without rubbage.

sorry, it's actually a 97 w/ 2" spacers, and a 2" block in the rear, little sagged, I just bought it. I picked up some ZJ coils for front and MJ shackles & main leaf (gonna cut off eyes for AAL, and remove block) for rear. I only want to net 2-2.5" of lift so I might have to trim down coil spacer. Gonna trim out fenders and swap in TJ flares and run stock rims w/ 32x11.5, but it sounds like I should start looking for wheel spacers, 1" sound good?

Back