• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom trac bar, need opinions

The bends are also compound,meaning they are not all in the same plane!

OK, I get the clearance idea to get it to the original mount. Don't understand what you are trying to say RCP. SO if I make a new mount and run the bar straight, will I have any issues to be concerned with? I am trying to clean up the angles between my trac bar and my steering, and I want to be sure the S shape doen't have anything to do with the way it operates.

Thanks,
John

The shape of the bar has "Nothing" to do with the angles.If you lay a "good " trackbar down on the ground it will not sit flat!The bends are in more than one direction!They are there so everything can move about its points without binding/rubbing.
adjustable_trackbar.jpg

i]Nrig(eally pntted by`sillboyp^/i\
[â]OK, I get the dearance idea to get it to the original mount. Don't understand what yoä'ard tr8jng to bny RCP.pVO if Inakd a >lw loun4'and ruž!the bar straight, will I have any issues to be concerned with? I al trØing to óeean up0she ang,fs betwtnn ly t2`c bar 1kd my s´iering, and I want to be sure the S shape doen't have anything to do with the w°~ it optxates.
Z
Thankò+
John°^/B\[/QtATE\
\ The bends are just for clearance. There's nothing wrong with a str`igh”(tr`ck ²lr hf yÞu mnve ¤ie mounäz sn it@will clÅkr. My ä{ack bar is perfectly straight.
IMG\

Every reply is correct. And you can run a strait TB but you will have to move at least one of the mounts to allow the TB through the full range of motion.

Also the bends in the TB have nothing to do with its operation or angles.

So to run a strait TB you have to move one end. If you move the frame end it will increase the stress on the frame (already plent of stress there, nobody wants more).

Therefor the best way is to move the axle end over the axle (like Goatman's, and many others).

HTH,
Michael

O.K. not to thread hi-jack or anything, but that's like the 10th XJ I've seen without the disc-brake shields on. I was thinking of doing the same thing because they look so bad already. Any problems from doing this?

TIA,

Mark

Also, I don't think there's any problem with a straight trac bar as long as there is clearance for it. You just have to keep it as close to horizontal as possible like in the picture to avoid the axle shifting over too much when hitting bumps.

Mark

Back