• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

an 15x10 wheels fit on a XJ

rthill97tj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '97 Cherokee and I was wondering if any one out there
has tried putting 15x10 wheels on one. I am planning on putting
a 4.5" lift and cut out flares with 32x11.50. I just was wondering
if the wheels would work with this set up. I am not looking to do
any serious offroading with it because I also have a '97 TJ that
is wearing 39.5s. Thanks for the info.

that is what i am running.just beat the rear pinchweld out of the way

I am running 15x10s but I have 2" of lift and a 29s they work but they do rub at full lock. I am still trying to figure out the best way to go about doing some trimming but it is definiately driveable without too much trouble. One thing I find with the width is that mud flies approximately EVERYWHERE over the rig. Any of you guys found some cleaver solutions to that problem?

Jamie

hey rob' this is andy. pete says "stick with the wranglers". IMO an 8" rim is a better choice. due to the small wheel well size. is this yours? and were you thinking of using your old wheels off the tj?
also on an xj i think the best offset is .75" or 4.75 backspacing and sticking to narrow tires.or you may be trimming alot if you wheel it at all.

i'm running 15x10's on mine with 31x13.50 BFG'saround 3" of lift with a tonm of trimming and still some rubbage at compression. btw, at 4" of BS. imho, you'd be terr off with an 8" wheel for that tire size, but thats jsut me.

I run 32's on 15x8's.

I run 32's on 15x8's w/3.5" backspacing. In my opinion, that's a perfect setup. Only required very minor fender trimming. FYI, I pulled this tire/wheel setup off of my 3" lifted YJ :).

Back