• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Console bracket

Depending on how stock you want your truck I look, when mine broke, I got two pieces of L bracket, bolted on arm to the floor and the other arm I drilled a smaller whole in the side of the console near each is the seat belts to slide a small screw through the outside and then secure with a washer and nut from the inside. $3 and it doesn't move it squeak.

Ive seen those brackets as well, both look beefier than the stock wimpy piece. Kinda pricey though for a bracket that can be fabbed up pretty quickly and cheaply on your own, which is probably what I will do as well.

yeah if I had a welder and a brake...

L-bracket is good idea. Will have to look and see if there's somewhere that I can put them where they'll be hidden by the seat.

I just installed one from DirtBound. Fits well and easy to install. Looks similar to the one from JCR. DirtBound's was a little cheaper on Amazon. Liked it so much, I ordered 2 more for the other Heeps. Nice product and the console is rock solid.

yeah if I had a welder and a brake...

L-bracket is good idea. Will have to look and see if there's somewhere that I can put them where they'll be hidden by the seat.

You put them on the inside.

dirtbound one is about half the price on amazon right now. It would certainly be cheaper to fab up your own, but for $40 its really not worth the hassle imho. I'll be grabbing the dirtbound one today. Been meaning to fix mine, but wanted to wait for winter to be over so I could swap to my other DD.

I bought and installed a Dirtbound bracket about a year ago. It was less pricey than JCR's, especially with the NAXJA discount code. I'm very happy with the end result, i.e., a very stable console. But my experience with the install was a little different than JonnyCat63's experience. Maybe there was just a minor quality control issue with mine.

First, the holes to mount the bracket to my floorboard didn't exactly line up with the factory holes in my '99. Not a big deal. I could have drilled a new hole into the floor for one leg of the bracket, but instead I made it fit by using a ratchet strap (secured to a backseat seat belt) to force one of the back legs into position to get a screw started. As I said, not a big deal.

Second, the slotted holes in the bottom of the storage bin that fits inside the console didn't precisely line up with the nutserts on top of the bracket. I used a Dremel with a cutting bit to lengthen one of the slots in the bin to get the bolt into place. Also not a big deal.

Finally, the two vertical supports on top of the bracket (with the nutserts on top) are about a half inch longer than they ideally should be. So there's now about a half inch gap between the console and the carpet on the floor, and the very minimal weight of the console is basically supported by the four screws that secure the storage bin to the console. Also not a big deal, but the next time I have the console out I plan to cut off a half inch of the vertical supports and weld them back together to make the whole unit even more stable than it is and to ensure that the holes for the four screws holding the bin into position don't someday strip out from supporting the console.

Those are all really minor issues and, as I said, I am very happy overall with the product and the end result. My console was never so stable before.

I bought the JCR bracket when it first came out. Holes mostly line up, can bend it to be where it needs to be. Hasn't broken yet, unlike the stock plastic mount.
Same here. It is solid once set. I had to bend it and add a small nut as a spacer to level the console. Here is what it looked like before I leveled it.

b382a5a987da30a53e9a49de42c695f2.jpg

Sent from my LG G4 using TapaTalk

Back