• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to forums and jeeps and now a new member

BlueHeap

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry in advance everyone but as the title states im brand new to just about everything... first off ill start by sayin that i am from Portland and i have a bone stock (besides flowmaster p.o
Put on) 93 xj with a previously rebuilt (so i was told) 4.0 with aw4 and 231 tc. Im looking to build this into a very mild trail rig. I have owned it for about 3 months now and so far replaced the alternator (overcharging issue p.o. couldnt figure out, snapped stud on it during install im assuming since the thing looked new) and a interstate megatron battery (p.o. put in a oversized battery that was grounding out on the hood). I also ran down to the local pickapart and grabbed a d30 out of a 86? Xj with 4.10 gears. I ordered ruff stuffs diff cover and artecs truss along with rustys cad delete kit and 2 sets of g2s ball joints i found off cl for 80$. The plan is to pull the knuckles, shafts, rotors, calipers etc. Off my 93 and slap em into the 86. If i can find some 95+ shafts for cheap ill do that instead and use mine as a trail spare. I went this route because my budget is non existent and im workin a second part time job to buy parts and couldnt afford to pay to regear my 93 axle. The rear axle is going to be a 8.8 because they are cheap, easy to find, have 4.10 gears and disc brakes. Plan to truss and get ruffstuffs diff cover for that as well. Also i plan to buy a zj tierod when i do swap the front axle. Im sure im forgetting some things but thats the gist of what i got so far, any ideas will be greatly appreciated. I joined up in hopes to find some local ppl to go on runs with and to pick everyone's brain. My friends are useless when it comes to anything mechanical (unless you count drinkin my beer watching me work) so it would be great to meet some like minded ppl as well.

Just reread my post and it sounded like i was trying a dating site for the for the first time. Lol anyway im waiting for my truss to ship and was hoping someone could refer me to a good local shop to get it welded up. I got a lil wire feed ive used a handful of times but thats about the extent of my welding abilities. Oh and when i say good i really just mean cheap and the welds will hold.

Welcome to forum.

Looking forward to seeing your build come along.

Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Got two accounts, started with this one then switched cuz i hated the name then made another (blueheap) so that the name more accurately fit the vehicle. The membership payment went through on this one though so this is the one i will be using. Sorry for the confusion. Also as a quick update, i found a local welder willing to weld up the truss for me for under 100$ got the email today that artec is shipping it now. My cad delete kit just arrived today as well sp hopefully in a week or so i can post some pictures of the progress and the finished product.

Ok thanks ill try that. My bone stock xj is more mouse than beast, just created the name a while back not realizing how much naxja was gonna help me and wanted to post a quick question.

Back