• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SS brake hoses???

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone make the flex hoses in SS for rear calipers-ZJ/KJ/WJ ?

I did the same brake upgrade as you and had mine made at Crown Performance, the same people that make most of the extended Jeep lines. I'm lucky because they're local but they took care of me quick.
http://www.crownperformance.com/

Are they DOT approved?

Street legal, complies with DOT MVSS-106.
But why not ask them..

You can always get them done at a local hose shop.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I called Crown Performance this morning, I was informed that is a brake line they don't make!

Are you are looking for the short hoses, between the hardline and each caliper? Why not just use an quality, off the shelf part?
When I installed ZJ brakes years ago, two new Napa brake hoses were used and have worked fine since..
There is no performance or durability gain running these two short hoses in a SS version.

Yes the 2 short hoses, I've got brand new(rubber) lines on there now.

I can tell the difference between rubber and SS lines in the brake pedal!

Crown can custom make stainless lines. I was a walk in and they made me lines in 15 minutes while I stood there. Just tell them the hose inner diameter and fitting size and they'll make any length you need.

When I called Crown they said "NO" to that application!

But, I called Classic Tube today since they show them in their kit to see if they sell individual hoses-Bingo we have a winner! They are on order!

I received my hoses today!!
P1080480_zpsxzirn0x5.jpg

Same as a 2000 Chevy S10.......stock off the shelf part. You have to know what to ask for.

Can you elaborate some, I have to do this again in the near future? The S-10 is a little long but would work, I thought this would be easy since it's the same hose for the 8.8, ZJ, TJ, WJ, and KJ !!

When I called Crown they said "NO" to that application!

The problem is that you are asking by application. If you instead told them "I need a hose X" long with Y fitting on one end and Z fitting on the other" they would have it made up for you in a matter of minutes. I've had them make me hundreds of lines this way with all sorts of crazy end on them. Trust me, they can and will do it, they just don't have the necessary info on every application already sitting there. You have to give them a little of it.

The problem is that you are asking by application. If you instead told them "I need a hose X" long with Y fitting on one end and Z fitting on the other" they would have it made up for you in a matter of minutes. I've had them make me hundreds of lines this way with all sorts of crazy end on them. Trust me, they can and will do it, they just don't have the necessary info on every application already sitting there. You have to give them a little of it.

I hear what your saying but, everyone has SS lines for sale but for the rear calipers. With as many Jeeps out there with 4 wheel disc's it just doesn't make sense that their not readily available!

It's all about what people ask for and how much demand there is. You might be surprised at the number of things people simply don't ask for or actually buy, and as a result companies don't spend their money developing and making a replacement. In this case I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people simply use the stock lines. There's a big market for longer lines to the axle from the frame, because you need them in order to lift. You don't however need a replacement for the caliper to axle lines so most don't wanna spend the extra money.

Back