• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Medium project tomorrow (fuel injectors & EX Man gasket)

Chick-N-Picker

NAXJA Forum User
1989 XJ pioneer auto 4x4 84,000 miles.

I'm new here. I've been a member at another jeep forum but I've never joined here but y'all seem to be more laid back and ready to help and not get annoyed after 3 post haha. (There is some good members at the other site though)

I'm starting a project tomorrow that I've been putting off for a while. It's due to the fact that one of my fuel injectors has started leaking. It's not the o-rings.

So while I've got it down past the fuel fuel rail I'm going to go ahead and put on a new EX manifold gasket. It had a little piece blew out. I don't think the manifold is cracked. I've been running with no cat, muffler, or tail pipe. I have it ready to go though. It's A long story but I'll just tell you it's my idiot cousins fault.

So I'm going to JY tomorrow to try to find some 95-98 volvo 850, 960, s90, or v90. Please correct me if that's not the correct year and models? I'm going to upgrade to the 746 injectors. I hope I can find them because if I have to wait 8-10 days for delivery then I'm screwed as I have nothing else to drive or no one to borrow a vehicle from.

Has anyone took injectors from these models? Is it as easy as the cherokee or anything I should be aware of?

I'm really dreading taking off the manifolds. I've heard the bolts can be a horrible time. I just want to get it done so I can put a 2" lift on this and have a descent reliable Jeep. It has no issues other than exhaust and one current leaky injector. Any helpful comments appreciated.

personally i have never had an issue taking the bolts out of the manifold. but you do have to have long arms. as for the fuel injectors from my research it is the 746's you want. i haven't made the swap yet but i have replaced the injectors in a 4.0 and getting the rail back in was a pain in the a.

get your self an swivel socket in 9/16. the one with the built in swivel. huge help when i had to change mine out the second time

Back