• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front End wobble

brielly

NAXJA Forum User
To add to my vibration issues with my 01 Cherokee, I also have a wobble that can be felt in the steering wheel and front seat at 55 mph. Its not noticeable before that speed and goes away around 60 mph.So far Ive had the tires balanced, then road force balanced, tried new rims and even another set of rims with different tires. The problem remains. I had the shop that balanced the tires check the front end but they said it was good. Obviously it not rims or tires so whats next on the list?

From another thread------

Originally Posted by Tim_MN View Post
DW is not usually caused by one single item on the list below, it occurs when a combination of weak, damaged, failed, or out of specification items on the list are present. Tire issues will only initiate DW, and are not the sole cause of DW.

Entire list of everything that can cause death wobble:

- Loose, worn, or incorrectly torqued suspension nuts/bolts
- Front alignment out of spec
- Loose track bar
- Worn track bar bushing
- Worn track bar end
- Worn track bar bolt hole on axle
- Needing an adjustable track bar
- Bad bushings/joints in control arms
- Damaged control arms or control arm mounts
- Worn/damaged shocks
- Worn/damaged tie rod ends
- Bad U Joint
- Bad ball joint
- Loose track bar frame mount
- Worn track bar frame mount
- Steering box looseness
- Driveshaft(s) not balanced
- Bad front hub assembly
- Bent axle housing

I found on more than one occasion that steering stabilizers are often the problem that can commonly be mistaken for death wobble

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Back