• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Searched: XJ Battery Cables

Sam Son

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

I searched through the FAQ as well as the general forum and could not find an answer. I am in need of new battery cables but I can't find anything remotely like what my XJ has. As you can see from the pics my XJ has a 2 post design on the fuse block as well as a flat clip design. Every replacement cable set only has a one post and a round clip design. I reached out to the owner of Kelleys Wip to no avail. Tried local autoparts stores, rockauto, ebay, quadratec etc etc

Anyone know where I can get a replacement set? The stocker is starting to look like an accident waiting to happen...

Thank ya

tumblr_oar12mMssh1r6debpo2_540.jpg

tumblr_oar12mMssh1r6debpo3_540.jpg

tumblr_oar12mMssh1r6debpo1_540.jpg

Last edited:
I will suggest that the long piece of metal under the two bolts is simply a bus bar to connect the two feed points on the fuse box. Attaching a standard single lug cable to the lower bolt and cleaning/re-using the original strip of metal, or fabricating a new one will work. The small square wire plug can be replaced with any standard wire plug.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what that little pigtail connects to? Mine hasn't been connected since I bought the jeep but I went out and found the connecting wire buried underneath the battery tray and would love to know if it's for some accessory I don't have or use.

PM XJwonders he builds some sweet stuff and just ordered from him myself . Kellys WIP im gonna bite my tongue and just say don't give him your money .

I have no idea why people act like battery cables are some mysterious juju...

96% of auto parts stores have any eye-to-eye cable you could POSSIBLY need for an xj... no need to track anyone down, no need to order stuff... easy.

And dont give me that bs that you NEED 0/0 gauge primary cables, that is horse shit and we all know it.

Also, x2 what was said above, about only needing one of those two lugs connected. But if you know anyone who works in wireless/RF, a samsung/spring radio lug works perfectly.

Back