• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tiny vacuum line(by ac dryer)

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
I found for the second time the tiny vacuum line that sits right by the ac dryer is broken. It seems to be a small plastic hard line and goes through the firewall, each time it breaks I loose HVAC controlls and everything defaults to defrost vent. I taped it together but would like a better fix before it breaks in a spot I can't tape up.

Anyone replace the whole line? Where is the other end even connected to? I'm afraid to even touch it incase it breaks where I can't even see behind the firewall.

it should run from the "football" behind the bumper (vacuum reservoir) to the HVAC mode switch (the one that tells it defrost/dash/feet)

that plastic line is known for falling apart and leaving you with only defrost (the default setting in the heater box)

pull the heater control panel in the dash and replace that line all the way to the vacuum reservoir and I'll bet you never have another problem!!:yelclap:

Thanks. I was worried it ran to something burried behind the dash. The HVAC panel isn't too bad though.

Any suggestions for a more reliable replacement piece? Maybe a small rubber line rather than the plastic piece but do they make vacuum line That small?

I've had good luck coating old lines with Liquid Tape after a good cleaning. Several coats builds up to protect weak spots.

Broken HVAC Vacuum tube:

HVACTubeBroken.jpg

Fix:

HVACTubeFix.jpg

The Black HVAC vacuum tube goes through the firewall and snakes over the top of the HVAC Unit to a quick disconnect behind the glove box (on the left in the pic):

DSCF2611.jpg

Back