• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheapest place to get an 29-spline C8.25 open carrier?

XabuJr

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a Spartan Locker as a part of my XJ regear. But I have the LSD in the rear. You have to have a completely open carrier. Yukon has one for over $300 and G/2 has discontinued theirs.

Since it's the 29 spline and not the 27 I have a feeling my options are severely limited. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

I believe it is actually easier to find 29 carriers. Anything newer than 96.5 is 29 spline. You can also find the carrier sitting under kj and possibly kk. (Liberty's) good place for discs as well. Just not the 2002 model, one year only drum brake.

Someone may have one sitting on a shelf or in a box. Best bet is probably a jy.

Yeah, it's a 97+ 29 spline.. I have a disc kit already.. but now I'm going to have to look and see what junk yards around here have for that carrier. I didn't know that other Jeeps had it as well.

The liberty's use a Chrysler 8.25 as well. That's why the disc swap is so easy. Same axle no cutting or grinding. Just bolt on, plumb and go.

The liberty's use a Chrysler 8.25 as well. That's why the disc swap is so easy. Same axle no cutting or grinding. Just bolt on, plumb and go.

Found one on eBay. It has gears with it, but I'll sell those when they get here. That beats trying to find one at a JY since the closest is about an hour away.

Back