• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jk driveshaft in an xj

Kego814

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I did some searching and didn't really find anything accept Tom woods being an answer. I'm broadening my horizons and was working on a jk the other day and thought to myself that with some modifications I think a jk driveshaft might be good in an xj. I didn't compare lengths but it appears to be close and a bit more stout than our toothpick driveshafts. Has anyone heard or had any experience with this? Also if anyone has numbers for a 4.0 aw4 242 with a 6" short arm please let me know.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

JK driveshafts are junk. they have to replace them with 2-3" of lift. They look stout, but they do not have the deflection for a lifted jeep.

And no, they won't work - the yokes are all wrong.

The first half of that I am glad to know but the second half can be fixed with a bit of creativity and a drive line shop

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Not really.

The SOP on a JK is to swap the yokes out to the XJ/TJ standard style and buy the same driveshafts we buy. Their OEM setup is total junk.

Plausible yes.

Different rear ends have a longer or shorter pinion than others.
Different leaf springs move the axle forward and back as much as 2 inches.
Pinion angle affects it, etc.

You'll be somewhere around 32-35" depending on what leafs and axle you have.

Back