• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks for 97 xj with 8" lift

1sicto

NAXJA Forum User
What shocks do you guys recommend on my xj. Im running 6" lift with 35's but goin up 2" to 8" total. Fox,bilstien,rusty's,monotube,piggyback etc???

Just flip it on its lid and measure to what will fit. That's likely where it will spend most of its time with 8" of lift !

While I might not agree, I won't judge the amount of lift you choose to run...

What kind of wheeling do you prefer? Is it just lifted to have a large vehicle? do you have the supporting mods for 8" of lift? I.e. Driveshafts, brake lines, sway bar extensions...?

Go with the bilsteins or fox if you prefer better shocks. Just did the bilsteins on mine with 6.5" of lift and I'm happy. I wanted something better than the white box ones

Just flip it on its lid and measure to what will fit. That's likely where it will spend most of its time with 8" of lift !

I drive on a 8" lift, but I rock crawl. Heck my friend had his at 4.5 when he flopped his trying to follow us. The other guy also has a 8" lift. But some day I will learn or maybe you need to learn how to use the skinny pedal. :)

Back