• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower Motor Issues

Rando70

NAXJA Forum User
I am having issues with my blower motor. My Jeep is a 2001 Cherokee. I hooked my blower motor up recently and the small 15amp fuse in the distribution block blew. I replaced the blower motor relay, still blew. So Next I removed the resistor, relay, and fan speed switch and their is still power going to the blower motor..... Any Ideas would be appreciated.

If a fuse blew, there is an excessive power draw for the circuit, or a short circuit.

Describe how you have determined that "there is still power going to the blower motor" ?

With the relay and resistor removed the reading on the positive wire to the blower motor reads 12v. the blower motor is unhooked currently so Im taking the reading from the supply connector.

If it is fuse 25 (15 amp) in the junction box, it feeds:
1.Blower motor relay
2. Blend door actuator
3. SHift lock solenoid
4. A/C heater control
5. Anti lock brake relay
6. anti lock brake controller

This was from a quick look at the Factory Service Manual. Any one of these or a short in the wiring could cause your problem. Do you have the FSM?

I do not have the factory service manual. However when the fuse blew I lost speedo/tach, gas, volt, temp. gauges, dome lights, radio. warning lights on instrument cluster still worked. The fuse was a 15amp micro blade fuse in the battery distribution block under the hood. I have not check the fuses inside yet.

If you reconnect the blower, the fuse will pop.I will PM you my email, that will be helpful thanks. I have the diagram from the chiltons manual and from what i gather if I remove both the relay and the resistor, there should be no way power is getting there.

sent you the FSM look at page 8W - 42 - 2 But the fuse you describe is not the one supplying the power that has to do with the relay or the resistor. Search the document for M1 (that is the circuit that you described when you lost the guages radio dome light). I think you are testing the wrong circuit

Which fuse in the PDC is it?

jpgPDC2000_2001.jpg

Back