• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to source some 55/100w H4 bulbs

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a pair of H4 55/100w bulbs, and looking at jegs and summit racing and they're wanting somewhere around $30 apiece, so $60 for the pair, yikes. Found some one ebay for around $10 apiece. Should I just go with the ebay ones or is there another reasonably priced brand I should be looking at? Don't mind paying say up to around $30 for a pair if they're worth it, but 60 is just too much.

I've sourced mine off of ebay for years. Beware that due to the higher wattage (heat), these bulbs do not last anywhere near as long as regular 55w bulbs. This is a physics problem, not a made in China problem, though that might have some effect on the lifetime.

Try Susquehanna Motor Sports.

I've been getting all my replacement lamps from them, and got my E-housings way back when.

Good prices and customer service. Many Naxja folks use them...

http://www.rallylights.com/

x3

ETA: For those of you wanting to upgrade your harness - Susquehanna Motorsports makes an awesome quality harness that is plug & play... I've been running their harnesses since 2003 or so!

I run their harness as well. I really like it.

I would stay away from Hella bulbs...they are no longer made in the EU..stick to Narva or Flosser both of wich can be found on ebay sellers

Good timing for this. I've just blown yet another Silvania Silverstar (the first trip out after replacement) sealed bulb and I'm f-n done with those things. I could have bought a nice lighting system with what I've wasted on that garbage.

So sounds like the place to start is getting a set of replacement lenses/reflectors and then finding bulbs for them?

Back