• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Send good wishes, prayers, etc for Jeeper John please

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
He will live, but he was in a bad motorcycle wreck on the way to work. He doesn't need phone calls right now, and his wife Christina is understandably maxed out as well, so let's just send our {insert your method of sending good wishes here} for a speedy recovery. It is currently thought that he will be out of work and recovering for 6 months... He's fresh out of the first surgery of two separate surgeries.

The accident fractured one of his legs in MORE THAN 3 places and took a chunk of his TIBIA (Kayle talks too fast, I thought he said kidney) out in the process of crushing the entire front of the bike.

The good news is that he'll live, and I am pretty sure he has kick-ass health insurance since he works for a government agency.

I will update as I hear more from Kayle...

Last edited:
Get well soon dude. This is the reason I don't ride my bike anywhere but the track cause other people don't pay attention. Glad you are fairly OK this could have been much worse. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Prayers help big and your gettin allot my friend.

John, really sorry to hear this! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Adding my thoughts and wishes for a quick recovery.

David Bricker / SYR

from john via Kayle's post on my FB page:

"Broke my left leg up pretty bad just below the knee, had surgery to put in pins and external rods to keep it from shortening until the swelling goes away. About 3-4 weeks then another surgery to put in plates and screws. Thank you all for the well wishes."

Hope all is well soon, John.

I just talked to Kayle, who visited John this afternoon... he's conscious, and starting to realize that pain meds might not be a bad thing.

A car crushed his leg against his bike, but missed his knee joint. There are random bone fragments loitering where they shouldn't be, still, and I think the second surgery will be in a month. John said they were talking about sending him home tonight, but Kayle has his doubts.

I don't know if he has his phone, or if Christina does. He's at Inland Regional Medical Center, Room 226, as of right now.

He's coming home today, apparently...

Back