• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hutchinson Rock Monsters on Metalcloak 3.5" lift

ss427ci

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I'd share some pictures over here, in case anyone was curious how the Rock Monster's look on a XJ.
17027392281_fa18239281_b.jpg

17026808562_b76916ef8f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those look good. Never heard of them before.

Looks good. How are those tires?

How is the performance of the MetalCloak 3.5" Suspension?

It is fantastic. I can't say enough about it. I wanted a comfortable on road ride, with great flex and high quality components. This kit delivered that, plus some.

Those look good. Never heard of them before.

I have only seem them on JKs before. They are a double beadlock design. Very impressive wheels and they should be for what they cost, lol.
15x8 with 3.625" backspacing.

Looks good. How are those tires?

This tire is perfect for what I need right now. I am mostly on the street for now and once I move back to the mainland, I'll be hitting the trails a lot more. So they are great street A/T tires with good trail capability, and kevlar to boot. Until I save up to get new axles, the 31x10.50 fits the bill. Once I cut, trim, flare and upgrade axles, I will go with a 32x11.50 probably.

Costly, but a great tire with a 60k mile warranty as well.

Looks good! I was seriously considering a set, but went with the racelines instead....

If I can talk my brother into it I'd like to put a set on his Xj though! Do they still have black or is it just the grey color?

Yep they have silver, black or dark argent

I wanted those so bad..one of a few that are a DOT certified bead lock...in a 17 they were way to much for something I was going to mess up in the rocks...so I went with the cheap knock off atx cornice 195

This tire is perfect for what I need right now. I am mostly on the street for now and once I move back to the mainland, I'll be hitting the trails a lot more. So they are great street A/T tires with good trail capability, and kevlar to boot. Until I save up to get new axles, the 31x10.50 fits the bill. Once I cut, trim, flare and upgrade axles, I will go with a 32x11.50 probably.

Costly, but a great tire with a 60k mile warranty as well.

Good to know about the tires, thought about considering them, but didn't know how well they worked. Surprisingly, the tires I really want are the cheapest I can find around town in the size I want. 265/70R17 Bridgestone Dueler AT REVO2

I have only seem them on JKs before. They are a double beadlock design. Very impressive wheels and they should be for what they cost, lol.
15x8 with 3.625" backspacing.

I don't think I've ever seen a good looking non factory wheel on a JK... everyone out here seems to put ugly ass bro rims on their JK's.

I don't think I've ever seen a good looking non factory wheel on a JK... everyone out here seems to put ugly ass bro rims on their JK's.

Yep I can't stand those kind of wheels.

Good to know about the tires, thought about considering them, but didn't know how well they worked. Surprisingly, the tires I really want are the cheapest I can find around town in the size I want. 265/70R17 Bridgestone Dueler AT REVO2

The Goodyears are pricey for sure. Might look into some General Grabber AT2 or Cooper Discoverer AT3. I've heard really good reviews on those 2.

Back