• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A couple of LS swap questions

iluv83vettes

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been doing a lot of research recently on doing an LS swap in my XJ and I have a couple of questions for the guys that have done it.

1. If you have cruise, will it still work with the new motor and transmission?

2. Would the optimum axle gear ratio be the same as the 4.0?

my cruise works, but I didn't use the steering wheel controls. On the older xjs that don't use CCD system for cluster and cruiser control you can probably set it up to use the steering wheel control.

gearing depends a lot on what you do with it. I have 4.56 on 33 and it's way too deep in the highway. I kind of wish I had 3.73 and a transfer case with 4:1 to get the cruise rpm down. It's not a problem, just unnecessary to cruise at 2400 rpm

The inputs for the cruise on the PCM are simple enough, It's just 12vdc and ground. Getting the steering wheel to control it could be a little tricky, but I think it's doable if you want to. You would need to make a switch box that used different resistances as controls to drive relays. I'm not smart enough to figure it out, but there are plenty of guys around that are.

When I originally did my swap I ran the same 4.56 on 35"s I had with the 4.0 and it was a good combo.

Back