• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crankcase breather hose cracked

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
My breather hose(plastic tube) that goes from the rear of the valve cover to the intake manifold cracked and I can't seem to find a reasonably priced replacement.

Has anyone came up with any replacements for this plastic tube? The ends are so different in size I'm not sure if just a length of hose would work / seal well enough. I am going to try plastic weld but I always think of that as a band-aid fix not long term.

The original part number is W0133-1840007-MPR and the cheapest I've found is 50 bucks.

What year is your Jeep?

W0133-1840007-MPR is not a factory part number. On my 97 and 01 the rear hose is 4854265 which can be had for about $37.

If the hose is cracked, you can probably "fix it" by using a piece of fuel hose to joint the two halves together. If the rubber ends are also cracked or have turned to stone, it is probably better to replace the entire part.

Er, I always forget I don't have the info in my signature(it used to be there).

97 country auto 4x4 i6

Googling the W0133-1840007-MPR number brings it up on many sites and seems to be the same one as you posted.

I found the rubber ends(DORMAN 47128) for 7 bucks but the plastic tube is cracked at the 90* bend near the intake. Maybe plastic weld and then a piece of hose to cover it with some more epoxy to seal it hmm.

The breather should connect to the air filter box, the PCV or Orifice Fitting should connect to the intake manifold? Are you sure its NOT a PCV or Orifice you're trying to replace the plastic tube?

Personally I use vacuum, emission or fuel hose and plastic adapters to fashion my own tubes, they work just fine as long as you connect the right ends.

The breather should connect to the air filter box, the PCV or Orifice Fitting should connect to the intake manifold? Are you sure its NOT a PCV or Orifice you're trying to replace the plastic tube?

Personally I use vacuum, emission or fuel hose and plastic adapters to fashion my own tubes, they work just fine as long as you connect the right ends.

Back of the valve cover to the intake manifold, which ever it is called I always mix them up.

I JB welded the plastic tube but will have to look at finding the right fittings to make a normal hose fit as a longer term solution.

I replaced mine with a 1/4" ID silicone vac hose from napa.

That hose does not need to be plastic.

On the manifold side i cut the plastic to be a straight pipe, stuck the silicone hose over one end, and then stuck the other end back in the manifold how it was.

On the PCV valve i had to get slightly creative. I used another straight piece of the plastic tube about 1" long. Stuck the silicone hose over it. Then stuck the silicone hose inside a piece of hose that fit over the PCV valve.

Pretty easy and bullet proof way to fix that issue. Its been working for just under 2 years this way. I bought my Xj with a hole worn in that plastic tube. Talked the seller down an extra $200 because of the "mysterious vacuum leak he couldnt fix"...then i asked him for a 2-3" piece of electrical tape and fixed the leak after i paid him for the vehicle. Drove it home and did the above fix.

Last edited:
Back