• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally got my lift installed. What do you think?

workman13

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 Cherokee that i purchased last June. I finally got a 3" zone lift with full leafs and Nitro Shocks. I also purchased IRO Double Shear track bar for it. I had some trouble this weekend with the rear bolts being rusted on but got it all done. It has 31" BFG Mud Terrain KM 2's
It is a little rough riding but I expected that! Overall the jeep turned out well and I am excited to get it out on the trails in a couple weeks.

Front sway bar on?? any vibes on the highway? looks really clean!! :thumbup:
You might want to have them balance the tires with sticky weights on the inside of the rim though if you plan to wheel it often.. Those can get torn off pretty easy

Front sway bar is on, it has a slight vibration at about 35 mph and even smaller vibe at 70ish. I plan on doing a tcase drop soon to resolve that issue though.

I had never thought about that with the weights, thanks! I plan on wheeling atleast once a month but more if possible. The closest park is about 1 1/2 hr away. My first trip will be the 28th for a big event at the local park though. I am excited to see how it does!

I got lucky with finding it for pretty cheap. I plan on trying to keep it as dent free as possible but never know!

Looks like mine when she was little...! very clean looking. I've ditched the sway bar since day one. Give it a shot on road. Off road it will flex significantly more btw. Some prefer having it for on road I just adjusted my driving habits a bit. You can get sway bar quick disconnects.

I'd also recommend getting a SYE and using a front XJ shaft from the JY. tcase drop is useful but really a bandaid. And I forsee 33's in your future :)

I may have to give it a try without the sway bar on. That thing was a pia to get bolted back on after the lift! I would like to do an SYE eventually but after buying the lift the wife might not let me make a big purchase again for awhile!

I def want to go bigger eventually. I plan on riding this lift until it starts sagging though. I haven't decided on trimming the fenders yet, I really like the look with stock flares and no trimming. But obviously if I go bigger on tires i will probably have to trim!
I will probably trim the bumper soon though, it was rubbing the tires when I was testing the flex.

Looks great! I have the same rig (98) I'm a sucker for white late models

Thanks! Ya when i got it i was actually looking for a black or blue but the white one was clean. it started to grow on me more and after i put the lift on I like it even more! I am def happy with it and i got it at a really good price

I strongly recommend saving a few bucks and buying decent SYE and OEM front shaft for the rear instead of the t-case drop.

Also, consider tuning your bumper stops to save the fenders.

Other than that, looks great!

Can you comment on how much lift you got from the leafs? Id like to do a 3 inch rear lift myself. I'm trying to keep it as low as possible with a full leaf pack.

If your kit didn't come with longer sway bar links, look up ProComp 55597B. They were the first affordable option I found. I've been running stock TJ rear links up front for a couple years now but running at an angle is rough on the bushings.

I second NOT doing a t-case drop. It's a band-aid solution. The IRO H&T SYE has maybe been the best mod I've done.

Looks nice bud I'm still running no lift with 255/75/16 and liberty wheels and 2 inch spacers I was planning on that same liftt with tax returns but decided to pay off my car loan :(

I may have a pair of RE 1st gen sway bar quick discos available.

Back