• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skydiving

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
I'm planning to take my girlfriend skydiving for Christmas. If anyone has a recommendation as to where to go I would appreciate it. I want to buy some type of package/certificate for her and me as well.

my buddy devin and all his adrenaline junkie buddies go to the place in perris as well. pretty much your best bet.

I did it twice, at Perris each time. I lived through it. So that's a recommendation of sorts. Though that was a loooooooong time ago.

You can skydive at MOAB! Then, since you are there already............

I had a great experience at lake Elsinore. It was easy in and out and not too busy. I think it was a bit cheaper than perris as well.

My dad got my step mom a package at perris that included time in their wind tunnel. The wind tunnels are a lot of fun. They give you the chance to mess around on your own, and it feels just like skydiving, except for the falling feeling you get the first few seconds after you jump.

I went once to some place in san diego. Can't think of the name tho.

My wife did Skydiving Santa Barbara about 2 months ago.....she loved it.

back in my 20s most of my friends got into skydiving. (they did the perris one i think). kept trying to get me into it but i was getting my thrills with off roading and racing motocross. one day they all came to me and said i NEED to go this weekend, everyone is going to be there, even their parents. a big party sort of speak. i again said NO, it doesn't thrill me. they all said i was scared and reassured me nobody has ever died doing it there. That saturday afternoon my friends parents and everyone had to watch him die. he made most of the way down safely but a small dust devil formed. he turned to avoid it and went right into another one at about 50 feet. slammed him to the ground.
now trust me i am living proof there are other ways to get hurt or killed, but skydiving was just not my thing. that said: have an awesome time man. just be careful.

back in my 20s most of my friends got into skydiving. (they did the perris one i think). kept trying to get me into it but i was getting my thrills with off roading and racing motocross. one day they all came to me and said i NEED to go this weekend, everyone is going to be there, even their parents. a big party sort of speak. i again said NO, it doesn't thrill me. they all said i was scared and reassured me nobody has ever died doing it there. That saturday afternoon my friends parents and everyone had to watch him die. he made most of the way down safely but a small dust devil formed. he turned to avoid it and went right into another one at about 50 feet. slammed him to the ground.
now trust me i am living proof there are other ways to get hurt or killed, but skydiving was just not my thing. that said: have an awesome time man. just be careful.

Will always remember you Andy... (JR to everyone else in the world)

Sorry Vic.. Friend to us all.. I was the only one left there. .Everyone else saw the morning jumps.. We stayed for jumps later in the day.. I got line twist on my mid day jump and was a bit freaked and tired. Andy wanted one more. Last jump of the day. After he hit I was first responder. Nothing I could do.

Jumping is the biggest rush you will get in life. But you are putting life at a lot larger risk.. We had just been certified (most of us were at 10 to 15 jumps). This was our new hard core sport. Few of the others have jumped again since. I have not. After seeing my best friend and roommate die in front of me the day before my birthday. I dont need to put my life at that much risk anymore. Got kids now.

Life is a bitch, and doesn't use lube.....

You can always skydive up here, John. And go wheeling too (=

Haven't done it yet. You know someone?

Me?

Taft.

I'll make you scream like the little girl you are.

:D

Seriously though, send me a PM. I have had to do this a few times now for my low level airshow cert. I can fix you up right.

Back