• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deavers

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
I just have to report that I just put some deaver rear leaf springs I bought of a member on my XJ and they are so far superior to the BDS leaves or the OME leaves I had on there it is amazing! The jeep just drives so much nicer, I am going to Swamp Lake this weekend and test them out, and i will post some pictures.

now for my question, will running them in the front make just as much difference? I think i I RC 4" with acos now, I am just wondering if using deaver front coils are any better than what I have, and I have just made do, anyone have any experience?

OME front coils would likely be a better choice.

Yes. The deaver coils (or PAC coils) make a huge difference.

The deaver coils are progressive from about 240 spring rate ramping up to 285; they are bout 260 inch pounds at ride height for most XJ's.

Less body roll, less bottoming out, but not a shitty ride.

Cal, didnt you find that the PAC's (at least the ones that charles has and the 3 Amigos on their jeepspeed) only have about 4" of down travel till unseated, due to such a high rate. Yes they have 12-14" of overall travel, but only 4 of that is downward travel and the rest is up. which is Great for a desert racing application.

After talking to Wayne (Fox and you know who im sure), he was also trying to get PAC to go much lower on their rates. But he was told they are for more go fast and getting the front up on top. But I would assume to much rate for a basic rig with trails? IDK though as I only have their 25" front coils and only used them myself in the driveway :)

FYI OME front coils are 162lbf/in rate.

Oh and stock is listed as 140ISH.

Last edited:
That depends on what spring rate you get. The 200 pound ones are taller unloaded than the 250's.

but how much downtravel do most people with XJ's need? most guys i have looked at are running 10 or 12 inch shocks up front, with 6-7 inches of uptravel.

Poly performance has a progressive coil too that I've heard good things about, I plan on swapping my RC coils out with those here shortly (the 4.5" with my ACOS)

Back