• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear mount radiator

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
95 XJ 4.0 AX15 ect.

this coming winter im planning on relocating the radiator to the rear, will a stock xj radiator suffice? the jeep will either have no sheetmetal or no windows so airflow will not be a issue.

My feeling is that the system in the XJ's are already inadequate enough, hence your possible decision on relocating it! I would go with more surface for faster heat release (transfer). I once saw a Land Cruiser with an additional 18"x18" roof mounted radiator. I do not know if he had an electric in line booster pump or not? I know some race cars with rear mounted radiators have electric pumps for 2 reasons H.P. and flow! You should consider putting an in line pump for the added head pressure the extra capacity of water and distance will create!

stock system works fine for me, frt clip is getting replaced with tube and winch is getting moved up, thus the need for the move

It should work better as there will be much more coolant in the system and if you use metal tubing to transfer the coolant it will cool some on its way to and from the radiator. I would suggest getting the biggest square radiator you can get and put a high quality (Spal) fan on it. You should have no problems then.

Back