• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle help after lift install

little squirt

NAXJA Forum User
After installing my 3" OME rear springs, the passenger side shackle is flopped all the way forward.......How do I correct this problem? Drivers side seems fine....

You're probably going to need a longer shackle than stock, with a 3" lift spring. To correct the inverted shackle (don't drive with it like this), take the weight off the springs, and if necessary, use a pry bar to get the shackle facing rearward as you put weight back on.

If the shackle inverts like it is now when you flex the rig, you will damage the shackle, spring and potentially the shackle box. I'd also consider HDOffroad's shackle relocation brackets.

David Bricker / SYR

You're probably going to need a longer shackle than stock, with a 3" lift spring. To correct the inverted shackle (don't drive with it like this), take the weight off the springs, and if necessary, use a pry bar to get the shackle facing rearward as you put weight back on.

If the shackle inverts like it is now when you flex the rig, you will damage the shackle, spring and potentially the shackle box. I'd also consider HDOffroad's shackle relocation brackets.

David Bricker / SYR

Thanks david! just pulled the wheel off unloaded the spring and used a pry bar to pull back the shackle. Have a good one!! :cheers:

Glad it returned to normal for you. I'd still look into a longer shackle. You don't want the shackle to invert when you flex. In addition, you won't get the full range of flex the spring is capable of with the shorter shackle.

The shackle relocation boxes let you fine tune the angle of the shackle, so you can get the full range of motion of the spring.

David Bricker / SYR

Looking into shackles today, I tell ya, what a crap project that was after breaking some bolts.....nothings easy...:rolleyes:

new front coils on the way to level the front and extended brake lines......

Off your topic, but what can you tell me about your roof rack? Custom? How is it attached to the factory rails? Jeep looks great.

I bought it with the rack, found some documents that showed measurements and construction specs, so I'm guessing its custom. Here are a couple quick pics of the mount points.

Did you check both sets of springs to see if they were the same length? I have the feeling that when the springs unload it will revert to the position you show in the first set of pictures. I do not see how unloading the weight on the springs then forcing them to the desired position would keep them that way.

Back