• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ foot brake in an XJ? (parking brake)

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody put a pedal-operated parking brake assembly in their XJ? I see that Comanches used the pedal style setup... Did Cherokees ever come with it. How hard would it be to adapt the MJ setup to an XJ? Would there be a better donor? Finally, does anybody know if the MJ setup is the "push-again-to-release" or if it has one of those little pull handles like the hood release?
TIA!
Billy

Re: Re: MJ foot brake in an XJ? (parking brake)

The MJ has a pull handle to release the brake.

Thanks Dude. After reading that VERY few XJs came with foot brakes (those with bench seats), and that MJ brakes tend to wear out, I ended up ordering a brand new CJ/YJ foot brake assembly from fleaBay for $40. I'll just have to make it work.

Since I didn't find much of anything on the topic, I'll report back with my results. Oh, and if anybody has any input in the meantime, I would love to hear it.

Billy

There was a guy who swapped an MJ bench seat into his XJ so he could carry his family of 6. Did the MJ foot brake thing. It was on naxja

Note that if you want to swap it in on 1997-2001 and have it mounted in the relative stock position it will require a minor bit of grinding on steering column brace.

When I get a chance to work on my MJ. I'll take a look, and get a couple pics. I would guess the panel is the same, just slightly different location maybe?

Back