• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find this darn bracket?

amorth

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished my ZJ disc brake upgrade and want to route my new parking brake cable from the passenger side in the same fashion the stock cable was routed - mounted to the top of my 8.25.

My question is - I'm looking for some more of those parking brake cable mounts that bolt into the rear diff but I'm not having any luck finding them. Does anyone know what those things are called and is it possible to get more somewhere (other than maybe the dealership)? I've tried Googling for that bracket/clamp but I'm not having any luck finding them.

Thanks!

I doubt they were ever available at the Dealership or anywhere aftermarket. A trip to the junkyard should result in finding as many as you might want.

You could just make one. It's just metal with a hole drilled in one side and the other wrapped around the cable. Can't take very long.

-Ron

Got a pix? I could probably shear one out and bend it up for you.

I just finished my ZJ disc brake upgrade and want to route my new parking brake cable from the passenger side in the same fashion the stock cable was routed - mounted to the top of my 8.25.

My question is - I'm looking for some more of those parking brake cable mounts that bolt into the rear diff but I'm not having any luck finding them. Does anyone know what those things are called and is it possible to get more somewhere (other than maybe the dealership)? I've tried Googling for that bracket/clamp but I'm not having any luck finding them.

Thanks!

Thanks guys - I'll go hit the junkyard this Saturday for a couple of these. I appreciate the offer old_man. If I can't find any or create my own I may call upon your professional expertise! I don't live very far from you.

Back