• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NO SPARK

bludevil

NAXJA Forum User
So I was not getting any gas to the rail figured it was the pump I replaced it with a new one I can hear the pump when I turn the key and I get fuel to the rail plenty before only foam came out when I checked it but it will not start. Just replaced the wires not that long ago along with spark plugs and cap. I tried ignition fluid and I have nothing. Any advise?

Year?
Motor?
Need some info, kinda hard to figure it out without the right info. Not to be a a$$ about it, but did you search sir? If you have a hard time with this search engine on here try to Google. I use google more than the search on here.

98 Cherokee sport v6
ok so when I replaced the pump it did start the jeep ran fine it was late so I just turned it off and called it a night the next morning I go too turn it on and I got nothing. I also replaced the cps about 6 months ago I have read that in here but what I don't understand is that it did start the first time no problem

Last edited:
Go back over your most recent work performed and check for any loose wire connections or damaged wires. Check the fuses.

Test the CPS for failure.

Go back over your most recent work performed and check for any loose wire connections or damaged wires. Check the fuses.

Test the CPS for failure.

so I checked all the work looks fine I even cleaned out the throttle body out. I even gave the starter a love tap and so could that be it then my starter? fuse relays are all good as well

ok its not the starter checked that off
maybe fuel injectors too dirty? my fuel filter when I took it out did have what it look like was mud that's how dirty the gas looked when I blew in one side of the filter mud came out

so I will be upgrading my injectors since they ended up been clogged up with some very dirty fuel after checking the fuel line. wish I could place a picture here but you need a site pg or something but any ways I did my research and it looks like the dodge neon 703s is the way to go. I also was going to get my new headers installed with brown dog motor mounts but since I will be doing the injectors my self it looks like I also should just get it all done at the same time and save my self some money.:repair:

changed fuel pump it stared but then died so I figured injectors why not upgrade to the 703s well I did that and still no start well it turns out the cps was bad this is the 3rd one I replace if you buy one don't go cheap just buy the good one from napa or dealer

Back