• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My thank you and hopefully speaking for others...

Big Hank

NAXJA member #435
NAXJA Member
All,

Once again Winterfest has gotten even better. Every single year this event grows in quality. Each group of people since the beginning should be very proud of themselves for taking on the challenge of making a good thing even better. You guys and gals have made it happen once again buy topping the last one.

I spent every available moment of my free time for the last six to eight weeks working on my XJ or one of three other friends. The undertaking on my part has been very intense with many other things in my schedule being put on hold. Now I sit back and look at the BOD and many others and say, WOW! Everything I have done to get my XJ, my gear, or my financials ready for this event and the BOD had the same list of tasks…. And on top of that same list of tasks they had to plan this entire event over the last year! Many of us could barely plan what time we wanted to leave town and even if we did, we probably didn’t make it out as planned.

BOD – You did it! You took last year and improved. Great additions to the staging lanes, efficiency in the registration process, event schedules with CB channels and trail guide/gunner names and many more unseen little things. The timing of everything worked out with near flawlessness. And the free camping is something that really can’t be matched.

Participants – I feel like we all deserve a pat on the back. This year had a level of camaraderie that seemed even stronger than ever before. People standing around the bonfire seemed to chat as if we get together and to this every month. (that’s the Jeep thing and it doesn’t have much to do with the Jeep). People with the right tools for the job, and the right parts to fix things, all willing to give, lend, and borrow is what makes us so close. The groups I ran with all had a willingness to communicate not just for the first few hills, but every hill, and I’m thankful.

Badlands and Campground – The trails seemed to be marked better than in years past. Real arrows, not always the color of the trail (green) but that’s okay. The ease of signup inside and the willingness to let us into your campground and build a bonfire so large is very gracious and I know many of us are thankful.

Sponsors – Thank you a million times over. Winterfest brings together a great group of people which in turn makes for a great event but I want to point out that so many of the extra things you do help make the event so great. Amazing products for the raffle to generate money for the club and land use donations is what keeps this sport/hobby living on. The food that was supplied for lunch was super generous and I’m sure it hit the spot for many that appreciate a hot meal and one less expense that day.

Everyone – This was a good one. The weather challenged us. The trails and the rocks ranged from dry to icy. The BOD gave it their all to pull all the right strings at all the right times. The sponsors helped in ways I hope they understand. THIS ONE WAS GREAT.

Big 'Less than a year to the next WF' Hank

All,

Once again Winterfest has gotten even better. Every single year this event grows in quality. Each group of people since the beginning should be very proud of themselves for taking on the challenge of making a good thing even better. You guys and gals have made it happen once again buy topping the last one.

I spent every available moment of my free time for the last six to eight weeks working on my XJ or one of three other friends. The undertaking on my part has been very intense with many other things in my schedule being put on hold. Now I sit back and look at the BOD and many others and say, WOW! Everything I have done to get my XJ, my gear, or my financials ready for this event and the BOD had the same list of tasks…. And on top of that same list of tasks they had to plan this entire event over the last year! Many of us could barely plan what time we wanted to leave town and even if we did, we probably didn’t make it out as planned.

BOD – You did it! You took last year and improved. Great additions to the staging lanes, efficiency in the registration process, event schedules with CB channels and trail guide/gunner names and many more unseen little things. The timing of everything worked out with near flawlessness. And the free camping is something that really can’t be matched.

Participants – I feel like we all deserve a pat on the back. This year had a level of camaraderie that seemed even stronger than ever before. People standing around the bonfire seemed to chat as if we get together and to this every month. (that’s the Jeep thing and it doesn’t have much to do with the Jeep). People with the right tools for the job, and the right parts to fix things, all willing to give, lend, and borrow is what makes us so close. The groups I ran with all had a willingness to communicate not just for the first few hills, but every hill, and I’m thankful.

Badlands and Campground – The trails seemed to be marked better than in years past. Real arrows, not always the color of the trail (green) but that’s okay. The ease of signup inside and the willingness to let us into your campground and build a bonfire so large is very gracious and I know many of us are thankful.

Sponsors – Thank you a million times over. Winterfest brings together a great group of people which in turn makes for a great event but I want to point out that so many of the extra things you do help make the event so great. Amazing products for the raffle to generate money for the club and land use donations is what keeps this sport/hobby living on. The food that was supplied for lunch was super generous and I’m sure it hit the spot for many that appreciate a hot meal and one less expense that day.

Everyone – This was a good one. The weather challenged us. The trails and the rocks ranged from dry to icy. The BOD gave it their all to pull all the right strings at all the right times. The sponsors helped in ways I hope they understand. THIS ONE WAS GREAT.

Big 'Less than a year to the next WF' Hank

Thank you Gene, for the help you gave me with my Jeep and the place to work on it! :cheers: Also thanks to JesseJeepin and of course Brad(I owe this guy big time) for helping get it ready as well. I don't know what I would do without all you guys!

Gene, I also want to say thanks for guiding me through that spot at the quarry. I want those pictures with the wheels off the ground, so I can show those that don't believe even a stock rig on 30s with inverted stock springs can still wheel. It was fun to kind of get back in the saddle after my truck accident back in September. And thanks Flex for trying to get me to make one more run at the falls. I will get this XJ up that next time. Between you and Gene, I don't know which of you thought that it was up there, but it sure didn't want to go up that obstacle on Friday. I still had fun, and know that I just don't want to exceed a DD's limits, and I was close to exceeding those. BOD and sponsors, you guys are great too. I came away from this weekend with a better feel for what I need to do with my rig, as well as what works and doesn't when it comes to modifications. I had fun and feel like I am within a great group of wheelers.

ihscout "lets get off these inverted leafs with no bumpstops" lover

Gene, I also want to say thanks for guiding me through that spot at the quarry. I want those pictures with the wheels off the ground, so I can show those that don't believe even a stock rig on 30s with inverted stock springs can still wheel. It was fun to kind of get back in the saddle after my truck accident back in September. And thanks Flex for trying to get me to make one more run at the falls. I will get this XJ up that next time. Between you and Gene, I don't know which of you thought that it was up there, but it sure didn't want to go up that obstacle on Friday. I still had fun, and know that I just don't want to exceed a DD's limits, and I was close to exceeding those. BOD and sponsors, you guys are great too. I came away from this weekend with a better feel for what I need to do with my rig, as well as what works and doesn't when it comes to modifications. I had fun and feel like I am within a great group of wheelers.

ihscout "lets get off these inverted leafs with no bumpstops" lover

Mines a DD...... :D You almost had that climb and I enjoyed the hell out of watching you trying to make it.

Having wheeled with two different groups at one point, I can say that I won't ever wheel with anyone unless they do trails like they do during and not during NAXJA events. Already looking forward to next years WF.

Having wheeled with two different groups at one point, I can say that I won't ever wheel with anyone unless they do trails like they do during and not during NAXJA events. Already looking forward to next years WF.

I'm going to decode what I'm reading above.... my notes in RED

Having wheeled with two different groups at one point(this would mean you wheeled with two completely different groups at the exact same time.), I can say that I won't ever wheel with anyone unless they do trails like they do during and not during NAXJA events.(This is like saying you would wheel with anyone as long as they do it like NAXJA or not like NAXJA, which makes me think you would wheel no matter what. Already looking forward to next years WF.

Let me take a swing at this...
Having wheeled with multiple groups I can say I don't want to wheel with anyone that does not wheel like NAXJA. I am already looking forward to next year.

Big 'slow down, breathe, proofread, submit' Hank

And no I'm not picking on you. I'm offering some advice in public. ;)

Back