• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to mount 5-90 fuse

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
Any suggestions or pics of where you guys mounted your 5-90 fuse? I spent the evening upgrading (Live in an apt) and as soon as it got real dark I went to close my hood and realized that I mounted the fuse where I can close the hood...... but the bar that holds the hood up knocks the fuse box cover off.... so I had to take it off for now... where did you guys mount yours?

I mounted mine to the lid of the PDC. Wasn't thrilled with that but put it there "temporarily". Over a year later, it hasn't caused any issues and I haven't found a reason to move it so it's still there.

Mine is just wedged between the fender and the fuse box. Ive done that on all 3 of my XJ's and never had a problem. Just throw a zip-tie around it to keep the cover on.

All great ideas, thanks guys.

The picture you posted... I am hoping that I did not do my install wrong. I have a wire from: battery to fuse to alternator... and a wire from the battery to the PDC (fuse box). Did I put one of the wires in the wrong location?

Looks like you went battery to pdc to alternator, which would have left me with an extra POS wire.

No, you're fine. I just eliminated an extra cable by mounting the fuse in the PDC. The cable on the left is coming from the alternator and the cable on the right is going to the battery.

Thanks lurch, I am terrible with electrical stuff so I just wanted to triple check.

One last question and I think I can sleep sound. About 6 years ago I had a sub installed by an installer, he hooked the power cable to the PDC. I left it on the PDC. That isn't going to cause any problems since power is no longer coming "directly" from the alternator is it?

This upgrade was well worth it, I went from 13.77 V to 14.22 V with my sub blasting. I don't understand why anyone would need to upgrade beyond their stock Alt (granted I have the 117 Alt)

Back