• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Streering Wheel Question

1yellowjk

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been slowly going through my "new" 99XJ, fixing little things and getting her trail ready. Well I was doing some surgery on the front fender wells (cutting them) when I notice what looked like a homemade horn mount.

Well this was in the way so I removed it with plans to remount. After finding the place I noticed that the horn didn't work and that the drivers side airbag appears to have deployed (no biggie as this is going to be a trail rig only)

I want to slap on an aftermarket steering wheel (grant or something mid priced) and would like some tips on doing this. I searched but my ninja skills must be weak because I couldn't find anything.

Also some good vendors suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

D

Steering wheel puller. Grand wheel adapter kit from 96-down (they do not lsit one for 97+ because all of them have airbags). Grant wheel of your choice. If you get a 5-hole wheel you will need the adapter for that. You will need to modify the piece on the clock spring for it to work properly. All of the stuff for horn is in the kit.

Back