• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

86' Renix 2.5L XJ problem.

colafson

NAXJA Forum User
On the way to work yesterday my Jeep for some strange reason got a little hot and wouldn't blow any heat from the heater core. I assumed it may have got a little cold the night before and froze up a little. So I plugged it in last night and I drove to work today and it over-heated and started billowing steam a block away from my work, so I assumed I blew a head gasket. I went to work (8 hrs.) and came out and inspected my oil for coolant and my spark plug for coolant and didn't come across anything.

Turned it over and did so with barely any problems and ran so a few minutes so I could pull it across the parking lot and plug the block heater in and top up the Coolant/Antifreeze that had escaped. Pulled up to the wall and turned it off and wasn't close enough so I went to start it again and it would go to turn over like it was going to start for the first few cranks but then after the first few cranks wouldn't fire.

I thought the thermostat may have froze closed due to shitty antifreeze or just stuck closed causing it to over heat in he first place seeing there was no interior heat.

I thought it was the FPR that I just replaced had cracked again due to the cold but I looked through the TB and there wasn't a substantial amount of fuel in the plenum.

Please help asap, my Jeep is my transportation to get to work and back.

Last edited:
Back