• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle swap question?

megamanmojo

NAXJA Forum User
Hi forums i just had a quick question if you can swap a Dana 44 from a 2011 jeep wrangler into my 1996 jeep xj and if its a good idea because i can get the axle for next to nothing

thanks

i think you misunderstood the question... what axle is currently under your jeep? regardless, the width and bolt pattern wont match your front axle.

swapping is relatively easy, as its leaf sprung. but the fact that is is a bare housing makes the cost sky rocket. its a desirable housing regardless. if the price is right, might be worth getting to flip, or sitting on until you figure out what to do with the front axle.

Yes its a good idea. But the fact its not a complete axle will cost you some money like VAhasnoWAVES said, and like Whitexj98 said if you dont have the matching rear for it your gonna look kinda funny going down the road.

Mine is swapped to Rubi D44's front and rear, so yes it can be done, and yes its allot better then the stock D30 & 8.25.

Id say find a matching rear and completed front before attempting it.

Dan u bastard, I'll ask about a matching 44 when I go to BDR Tuesday.

Back