• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LEDs for HVAC?

Teephphah

NAXJA Forum User

Hey everyone, I'm sorry to create a whole post for something so trivial. I tried searching, but came up with nothing.

Anyway, I've been swapping out the original dash lights in my 2000 limited for LESs, and I've found plenty of info online for me to pull it off everywhere but the HVAC unit and the rear wiper/ rear defrost/ fog light switches.

So far I've bought all of stuff from superbrightleds.com, but they've been unable to help on this one so far. I've read elsewhere that what I'm looking for is a #74 type B bulb. But I'm not finding that description anywhere for LEDs. Anyone know if I'm just not looking in the right places or what the terms I need to be using to track down what I need?

The only partially brilliant blue dashboard is really tweaking my OCD in unpleasant ways.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I've been kicking around the idea of changing out all of my bulbs for LEDs also and with the superbrightleds products as well. Are you happy with the products? Are they any brighter than stock and if so, how much? Can you tell a difference in you battery drain? Problems? Over all, do you think it was worth the money? If you took pics, start a build thread PLEASE!

Sorry, I have no help for you!

Okay, I'm not sure about a full scale write up, but I can at least show what I've managed to get done so far.

First, the "before" pictures.

Main Console before
djA9GrJ.jpg

Shifter console before
LRQwZd6.jpg

HVAC piece of crap before.
wuVz9TM.jpg

And now AFTER the magic of LIGHT EMITTING DIODES!!!!

Here's the main console now.
sCMOEmg.jpg

The shifter thingies now.
v9eK1c4.jpg

And, finally, the HVAC piece of crap now.
QWqM1Tt.jpg

Would really like to get that fixed.

Things worth knowing, LEDs don't dim. At least the ones I have don't. The wedge type ones are also polarized, which means that juice only flows through them one way. If you plug them in and they don't work, take 'em out, flip them 180 degrees and put them back in and they should be fine.

Have I noticed any difference in battery draw? Um. No. Everything I've ever heard about LEDs would suggest that the draw is significantly less, but I've never had any issues with not having enough electricity anywhere . . . yet.

Now let's see if these links are going to work or not.

Last edited:
Back