• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spectra radiator from Amazon

rav

NAXJA Forum User
My 99 two door seems to have a slow leak from the plastic tank side on the drivers side by the air intake box, the hose seems to be bone dry but if I shine a light on the radiator it seems wet. Any way it's a stock radiator so i guess it's time for a replacement. I was trying radiator barn but looks like they shut down. I found this Spectra premium one on Amazon for $87 and the reviews seem ok but the sides are plastic again, it is also sold by Autozone.
Any of you here use them? I was hoping to see what you had to say about these. I was also planning on replacing the hoses, water pump and thermostat while I am at it.

I am running the Spectre one that I got from RockAuto and I like it, but it does not come with a radiator cap. I tried to fit a cheapie cap but that leaked so I used a Stant pressure cap.

Also I do no think it had an o-ring for the lower trans line connector so I had to put one in there. Otherwise its looks well constructed, dropped in and fit with no problems. I would recommend one.

Thanks I think I will get it from Autozone and get a 13lb cap from Napa.

I would not buy a Spectra again. I put one in a WJ and the drain petcock was leaking. Had to do the job over again. I put one in my ZJ and was fighting what was though to be a bad hose not sealing. The side tanks were leaking right out of the box. Both tanks.

I would not buy a Spectra again. I put one in a WJ and the drain petcock was leaking. Had to do the job over again. I put one in my ZJ and was fighting what was though to be a bad hose not sealing. The side tanks were leaking right out of the box. Both tanks.

Which one are you running now?

In the XJ I have a CSF since 2006, and the same for the 95 ZJ I had, which I sold last week. I still have a Spectra warranty replacement in the 97 ZJ and i can't remember what I replaces the Spectra with in the WJ.

I am running a carquest stock replacement rad. Don't remeber who makes them. Should be under 100

I got an All brass/copper from Advance Auto with a lifetime warranty for not too much more. Call around local. (Get the best.)

the only metal one i saw at NAPA or autozone was for a RHD postal vehicle.

Last edited:
My 89 has a part # of 19920357 436019 from 2 yrs ago. Best to call and ask as it was ordered by them and took 2 days to get. It was about 150.00 +tax but life warr, and no shipping.

Back