• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock slider length?

smartass_kid

NAXJA Forum User
I came across a good deal on some random rock sliders I want to add to my 97 4 door XJ. Guy isn't sure what the came off but I think I can make them work.

Been searching online to find best length for sliders, even manufactured ones, but can't find anything.
they are 56" long, not sure if that is top or bottom length since they are angled at each end...would that length work or is it going to be pointless to mount them?

thanks in advance.

62" +/- is the length for most XJ rock sliders.

I Used 60" or 58" for my 2x6 rocker replacement I believe? So the 56 wont be terribly short.

why not put a tape next to your XJ and see how long they will be?

you can measure on your XJ for reference to mine:
297265_205800426141048_4350323_n.jpg

i didnt cut the fender at all, just made a "horn" to protect it a little:
285433_202950333092724_4137780_n.jpg

35s rub a tiny bit in the rear... but its a soft rub, so im not concerned with it.

mainly because i bought the tube second hand and it wouldnt have reached all the way to the front wheel well.

but i also didnt like the method of cutting the fender, bending it, then stitching or fastening it to the sliders. if/when i ever get new fenders, they will bolt right on.

that area doesnt see a ton of abuse anyway. at least not for me. others may thing differently.

Back