• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 98 99 00 01 fuel gas tank source

iluv83vettes

NAXJA Forum User
I need a replacement fuel tank for my 99. It seems the older ones (96 and down) are around the $100-$200 range, but everywhere I could find the newer plastic tanks was $800-$1000 (dealer and google search with part number.)

Does anyone know of a cheaper source for a new tank? If not I'm going to get the genright one that comes with a skid and an extra 10 gallons for the same price.

Do you have a LKQ or a Pull-A-Part in your area? Used gas tanks are $20 from LKQ. That also means they can be inspected before purchase.

I have one sitting in my garage that I can not even get someone to take for free. :/

car-parts.com

Recyclers all over the country, searchable.

I looked at the used ones on car-part LKQ and what not, but I'm worried I would run into the same problem of the fuel pump not sealing up to the new to me used tank. I was thinking of just buying one with a known good fuel pump in it and have that hold me over until I can save up for the 30 gallon genright one. Knowing how much the stock ones are for the newer ones really makes the genright one seem a lot more reasonably priced.

Back