• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp Adjustable Track Bar...axle mount

oldcancer

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i'm in the process of putting a pro comp adjustable track bar on my 92 with a d30 front and i've hit a snag, everything is done except for tightening the bolt on the axle mount, i don't have that little flag tool thing to keep the nut from spinning on the axle mount and i can't get a good enough grip with a wrench on the thing to torque it to the 55 lb/ft that it wants, nor can i get a ratchet in there, has anyone run into this before? and if so, what kind of solutions were you able to come up with? if i can have some ideas before saturday that would be great, because that's my next window of opportunity to work on the jeep again, thanks

I used a Dremel tool and a file to clearance the upper opening just enough to get a wrench in there and on the nut. Sure made things a lot easier than jamming a pry bar in there.

The new bolt that came with my IRO kit was the wrong size and a lower grade so when I torqued it down I actually stripped the threads inside the nut. Talk about a pain in the butt to remove. I ended up having to use a triangle file and spending a few hours whittling away at the threads and nut until I could get it apart. As I take things apart I'm replacing all the metric bolts for standard so I stuck a 7/16 grade 8 in there and called it happy.

ive delt with this a couple times...

1 - you can wedge a screw driver in there, capturing the nut... basically stopping it from spinning. after that, good luck getting the nut out.
2 - you can weld your own tab onto a nut.
3 - open up the access hole a tiny bit to let you get a wrench in there.

agree with the above, those are all of my tricks, and ive used all 3 multiple times on many rigs. screwdriver trick is the quick and dirty method when i feel like being lazy.

Back