• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is in the "frame"?

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if i could use the frame as a conduit to pull and air line and an electric hot back to the back of my cherokee. from what i have seen it is pretty much a tube, my plan is to drill a 1/2 inch hole just over the front most trailer hitch hole in the the outboard side of the frame, then fish a tape up to the upper control arm hole, and come out into the engine bay.

can someone who has seen more of the inside of the frame tell me if this is going to work? I just want to keep these items out of harms way and it seems like that path should work well and be pretty convenient as well..

thanks

nick

its full of green jello. Emergency jello stash.

There are a bunch of weird braces and cross-pieces up near the front (basically from the LCA mounts forward) and on late models iirc there are some crossbraces inside it at the crossmember area too.

make sure you use ballistic gelatin, not just regular jello... it is made out of skulls and they might actually ship it to you if you order it. It is in stock on the shelf!

I don't know about other peoples' XJs, but there is at least one 3/8" drive socket inside my frame.

actually the 3/8 drive deep 15mm sockets and ballistic skulls are suspended like in a fruit jello salad. I had to pay 3.99$ per skull from ballistic but the jello rails are way cool now since they are filled with skulls.

I know up by the LCA there are some cross braces. I drilled a through hole for my 3 link and there was a plate right in the middle of the "frame".

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kXmbE6SDf...lhz40wRk/s1280/strawberry+fruit+gelatine1.jpg

Do a search for the jello tech sticky.

Last edited:
mine is apparently full of mud and water, says my rear axle vent tube.....

On my '00 there was a block of hard foam under the seat. Mine also might have a wedding ring in it :eye:.

DSCF5538_595.jpg

Back